President Obama’s Summer Reading List
Here’s what you & POTUS are reading in your summer book club.
Earlier today, the latest Obama family dispatch dropped out of Martha’s Vineyard, and we learned what the POTUS is reading on summer vacation.
You know these books. You love these books. You and the President are basically halfway to sipping cheap chardonnay and dishing on plot twists.
Here’s the agenda for your fantasy book club with the coolest man on earth:
1. Barbarian Days: A Surfing Life by William Finnegan
He was born in Hawaii, after all.
2. The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
Shaping up to be the year’s most important book.
3. H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald
Because grief and birds of prey are universal passions.
4. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
We are all obligated to read/buy this one. There’s a law somewhere.
5. Seveneves by Neal Stephenson
It might be frightening to dwell for long on the reasons why…