Electric Literature Seeks a Development Director to Join our Team
Electric Lit is 12 years old! Help support the next dozen years by helping us raise $12,000 for 12 years, and get exclusive merch!
Electric Literature’s mission is to amplify the power of storytelling with digital innovation. In the last year, we reached 2.9 million unique visitors, received our non-profit status, relaunched our website, electricliterature.com, doubled the audience of our weekly fiction magazine, Recommended Reading, and launched another weekly magazine of short things, Okey-Panky. During this exciting period of growth, we are looking for a Development Director to increase our contributed income as we expand our staff, audience, and the scope of our projects.
This is a part-time, flexible position that pays $1,000 per month. Applicants must be located in the NYC area.
The Director of Development will:
- Work with the Editorial Director and Board Chairman to develop a strategic plan and set fundraising goals
- Cultivate individual donors
- Maintain relationships with individual and organizational donors
- Write and submit grant proposals
- Write and submit grant reports
- Identify new funding sources
- Manage fundraising campaigns
- Liaise with fundraising board members
- Measure success against strategic plan and fundraising goal
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum 1 year of experience working in non-profit development
- Authored or collaborated on successfully funded grant proposals
- Authored or collaborated on multi-year fundraising strategies
- Experience creating project budgets
- Management and/or leadership experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Write clearly and cleanly
- Express the mission of Electric Literature in compelling and unexpected ways
- Have a passion for literature
- Believe strongly in making literature more accessible through digital innovation
- Be self-motivated
- Be confident and comfortable engaging new people
- Be cool under pressure, and able to work on deadlines
To apply, please send a cover letter, relevant writing sample, and resume to halimah [at] electricliterature.com by February 16, 2015.