National Book Award Announces 2013 Fiction Longlist
If you enjoy reading Electric Literature, join our mailing list! We’ll send you the best of EL each week, and you’ll be the first to know about upcoming submissions periods and virtual events.
For the first time in the 63 year history of the National Book Awards, the National Book Foundation has the released longlists for each of it’s four categories (fiction, non-fiction, poetry, and young people’s literature). The fiction longlist was announced this morning, and includes a range of established and debut writers.
- Pacific by Tom Drury
- The End of the Point by Elizabeth Graver
- The Flamethrowers by Rachel Kushner
- The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri
- A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra
- The Good Lord Bird by James McBride
- Someone by Alice McDermott
- Bleeding Edge by Thomas Pynchon
- Tenth of December by George Saunders
- Fools by Joan Silber
Finalists will be announced on October 16, and winners will be announced on October 20.