Writers: Submit to the 2015 Stella Kupferberg Memorial Short Story Prize judged by Karen Russell
Electric Lit relies on contributions from our readers to help make literature more exciting, relevant, and inclusive. Please support our work by becoming a member today, or making a one-time donation here.
Selected Shorts and Gotham Writers Workshop are taking submission for the 2015 Stella Kupferberg Memorial Short Story Prize. The prize will be judged by Swamplandia! author Karen Russell and the winner will be published here at Electric Literature. The winner will be awarded $1,000 and the work will be performed at Symphony Space in June.
The submissions should be under 750 words. Here are the rest of the guidelines:
- There is a fee of $25 to enter (the reading fee supports Selected Shorts)
- Submissions must be entered by midnight EST on March 15, 2015.
- Stories can be on any theme.
- Writers of all ages and nationalities are eligible.
- The story must have a title.
- We do not accept work that has been previously published in print, online, or any other medium.
- We do not accept works in translation.
- Once entered, we do not accept revisions for any stories.
- Your $25 is nonrefundable.
- You may enter as many stories as you like, but a $25 is required for each story.
- We no longer accept mailed, paper submissions. Stories received in the mail will be returned unread with your uncashed check. If you have problems with the online form or are unable to submit online for some extenuating circumstance, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
- The winner will be announced via email in June 2015 and all entrants will be notified via email.