Here Is the National Book Award Longlist in Fiction
If you enjoy reading Electric Literature, join our mailing list! We’ll send you the best of EL each week, and you’ll be the first to know about upcoming submissions periods and virtual events.
The National Book Award longlists are being announced this week, with the longlists already posted for Young People’s Literature, Poetry, and Nonfiction. Today, the longlist for fiction was announced.
- Jesse Ball’s A Cure for Suicide (Pantheon Books)
- Karen E. Bender’s Refund: Stories (Soft Skull/Counterpoint Press)
- Bill Clegg’s Did You Ever Have a Family (Scout Press/Simon & Schuster)
- Angela Flournoy’s The Turner House (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt)
- Lauren Groff’s Fates and Furies (Riverhead Books/Penguin Random House)
- Adam Johnson’s Fortune Smiles: Stories (Random House)
- T. Geronimo Johnson’s Welcome to Braggsville (William Morrow/HarperCollins)
- Edith Pearlman’s Honeydew (Little, Brown/Hachette Book Group)
- Hanya Yanagihara’s A Little Life (Doubleday/Penguin Random House)
- Nell Zink’s Mislaid (Ecco/HarperCollins)
Congrats to all the authors who made the list!